Practical advantages of silicone baking molds
Recently, have you noticed that silicone cake molds have become popular? All walks of life are pushing mousse cake molds, ice tray molds, and other products like these. Maybe some friends don’t know about silicone cake molds and silicone ice trays. Its skeptical consumers think that silicone is a kind of plastic, how can plastic be put into an oven under high temperature work? Today XHF will answer this question for everyone.
Many people who like to cook food have heard that silicone molds are soft, safe and non-toxic, and the price is not expensive. Silicone molds are used to make desserts and cakes. They are made of food-grade silicone materials. Even if they are used at high or low temperatures for a long time, they will not cause harm to the human body, and they are not deformed, durable, and not easy to age. As people’s understanding of silicone products continues to deepen, more and more people begin to like to use silicone molds. However, although silicone molds are good, some usage skills and precautions must be paid attention to.
Can the silicone mold be placed in the oven?
The answer is: it can be put into the oven, the operating temperature range is -40 to 230 degrees Celsius, and it can be used in microwave ovens and ovens. The silicone material is very stable, and the cake mold products produced have a longer life than other materials. Food-grade silicone Silicone molds made of raw materials belong to the category of silicone kitchenware in silicone rubber products, and can be used to make cakes, pizza, bread, mousse, jelly, pudding, etc.
Under the comparison of various materials, what are the main advantages of the silicone baking mold?
- Safety: In terms of safe use, silicone products have good stability, and their softness and resilience are their advantages. In the process of making cakes, the safety of food will not be affected by the materials. Its raw materials do not mix with any chemical substances. There is a reaction conflict with other materials, so it can be in contact with food stably for a long time. It is different from other materials in that it is a soft colloid, which can bend and rebound at will, and will not cause harm to the limbs!
- Practicality: During use, it can be used continuously in a high temperature environment of 240 degrees, and the cake mold can also be directly converted into an ice tray mold, and can also be used continuously in a low temperature environment. In terms of cleaning, the silicone mold has been polished After surface treatment, it can be easily washed and wiped with detergent, while hardware materials are easy to stick to the bottom of the mold, and can be folded and stored in a small space.
About the maintenance of silicone baking molds:
- The first time you use a silicone cake mold, you can apply a layer of butter on the mold, which can prolong the service life of the mold. In addition, although the silicone mold is resistant to high temperatures, it should not be directly exposed to open flames or heat sources. Silicone molds are different from traditional metal molds, and you need to pay attention to adjusting the baking time. When cleaning the silicone mold, do not use steel balls or metal cleaning products to clean the mold to prevent damage to the mold.
- The silicone mold should be cleaned in time after use, but do not rinse it with cold water immediately, it can be cleaned after cooling, which can prolong the service life.
- When cleaning, it can be cleaned with hot water and diluted edible detergent, or put it in the dishwasher for cleaning. Do not use corrosive detergent or foam for cleaning.
- Make sure that the silicone mold is completely dry before each use and storage. The silicone mold is easy to absorb dust due to static electricity. If it is not used for a long time, please store it in a paper box and store it in a cool place.
- Silicone molds should be separated on a flat baking sheet when baking. Do not let the mold dry bake, for example, for a six-compartment mold, you only fill 3 molds, and please fill the other 3 empty molds with clean water.
- Cake silicone molds can only be used in ovens, ovens and microwave ovens, and must not be used directly on gas or electricity, or directly above the heating plate or under the grill. When baking is complete, place the baked product on a wire rack to cool until completely cooled.
Finally, it is especially important to remind everyone that although silicone molds have many advantages, they are not absolute. Therefore, it should be noted that although the silicone mold has good temperature resistance, it should not be in direct contact with open flames or heat sources; silicone products have good elasticity and are not easy to deform, but they should not be stretched excessively. At the same time, avoid contact with sharp objects and scratch one side. By paying attention to these aspects, it is more likely that our silicone molds will last longer.
Therefore, consumers can rest assured to buy your favorite silicone cake mold in XHF.
About XHF Silicone :
18+ years of experience in CNC mold making and custom molded silicone products.
R&D Support (Custom products design, 3D files)
CNC tool mold design and process (Programming, mold making)
Silicone Molding Production (High Volume Production, Quality Control)