Application of silicone in medical industry
Custom-made Silicone products manufacturing
In recent years, global silicone rubber products have developed rapidly. At present, the global silicone rubber market has become quite large. After decades of clinical application of silicone rubber as a medical material, it has been recognized by the medical community and its application is becoming more and more extensive. Many large companies use the main target of development, medical silicone rubber has made great progress. In the medical field, most of the medical materials used are polymer materials, which should be used for contact, diagnosis and treatment of living tissues. As one of the medical polymer materials, what kind of application value does silica gel have? Below, let Xinhongfa answer for you.
The research on medical silicone as a biocompatible material has made great progress, and many functional and serialized medical silicone rubber products have been put into clinical application. Key components of medical machinery: These products include asthma inhaler chambers, multi-lumen hoses instead of pvc, blood transfusion tubes, circulation pump tubes, catheters, ventilators and artificial blood circulation devices, etc.
- Solid medical silicone rubbercan replace bone or cartilage as a tissue filling or scaffold material, so it can be made into artificial joints and artificial tendons to repair the defects of limb joints and tendons. Plastic materials are mostly used as materials for repairing deformities and defects in the face, ears, and nose.
- Foam medical silicone rubbercan replace the fat tissue of the human body and repair the defects and deformities of the subcutaneous tissue of the human face, such as hemifacial atrophy.
- Film-type medical silicone rubbercan be used as a substitute for tendon sheath; the internal blocker for intestinal fistula is also made of this type of silica gel. Intestinal nutrition reduces complications and simplifies the treatment of intestinal fistula.
- Liquid medical silicone rubber, also known as silicone oil, is a low-viscosity transparent liquid. The silicone oil is injected into the craniofacial depression deformity with a thick injection needle. It is easy to use and can be shaped. In addition, medical siliconerubber is used clinically to make hydrocephalus drainage devices to treat hydrocephalus. A spherical artificial heart valve is made to replace the damaged mitral valve of the heart. As for the silicone contraceptive ring, it has the advantages of safety, convenience, reliability, and long-term effect. Silicone intravenous catheters, gastric tubes, and urinary catheters have light damage and small irritation, and can be inserted in relevant parts of the human body for a long time. They have been widely used clinically. application.
- Medical siliconehas also been widely used in plastic surgery and restoration, such as: repairing facial defects with medical silicone, treating external ear defects, performing plastic surgery on the skull and chest, repairing internal organs, etc., as well as artificial breasts.
Why can silicone products shine in the medical field? It starts with the silicone itself:
Silicone rubber is a medical material with good performance. Its material cost is relatively low, its practicability is large, it is not easy to have rejection reaction, it will not harm the human body, it has good biological adaptability, and it does not stick to the capillaries of the human body. stand up!
Silicone products have good medical properties, such as colorless, non-toxic, high temperature resistance, oxidation resistance, flexibility, and high transparency. Silicone products can solve bad medical problems and meet the medical functions of patients!
It has coagulation properties; the toxicity test results meet the medical requirements; in clinical applications, it has good biocompatibility, no mutagenesis, and no allergic reactions; it has excellent toughness and elasticity, good processing performance, and various processing methods. The preferred material for body products; it has excellent wear resistance, soft touch, moisture resistance, and resistance to various chemicals.
In summary, due to these characteristics, the application of silicone in the medical field mainly includes the following aspects:
- Organ or tissue substitutes that need to be placed in the human body for a long time. These human organ silicone products are common: artificial lungs, retinal implants, artificial dura mater, artificial throats, artificial fingers, palm joints, etc.
- Placed in the human body for a short period of time, it can play the role of rehydration, rescue, drainage injection, anti-adhesion or defoaming. Commonly used products for these applications include: venous catheters, urinary catheters, peritoneal dialysis tubes, contact lenses, blood transfusion tubes, pressure relief tubes, etc.
- Key components of medical machinery. The common ones are: artificial heart-lung machine blood transfusion pump tube, membrane artificial heart-lung machine, fetal suction device and artificial blood circulation device, etc.
- Applied in plastic surgery and human prosthetics. The common ones are: face repair, breast plastic surgery, etc.
- Used in the application of drug sustained release system.
The above are the reasons why silicone products can be used in the medical field, and the specific uses of different types of medical silicone products. I believe that after reading it, you will have a more comprehensive understanding of silicone and silicone products.
Xinhongfa Silicone Manufacturing reminds everyone to pay attention to the fact that the requirements for medical silicone products are relatively strict. There is a special dust-free workshop, which is produced in full accordance with medical standards, and supports any customization.
If you want to know more about silicone and have needs for silicone, please consult Dongguan Xinhongfa Silicone Manufacturing Co., Ltd..